To contribute to the personal safety of all children/young people attending MTO Online Persian School by promoting child protection awareness, good practice and sound procedures in all aspects of safeguarding.
We at MTO Online Persian School believe that children/young people have the right to be treated equally and to learn in a safe and friendly environment.
- This policy is based on the following principles:
- the welfare of the child/young person is paramount
- all children/young people, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity, have the right to protection from abuse
- all suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
- staff/volunteers are trained to understand the nature of abuse and to be alert to matters of concern
- all staff/volunteers working in this complementary/supplementary school have a duty to safeguard children and young people
- all staff/volunteers in this complementary/supplementary school have a responsibility to report concerns to the designated person with responsibility for child protection at the school, and/or to the school’s co-ordinator.
We aim to safeguard children/young people by:
- development and implementation of safeguarding policies and procedures including: child protection and health & safety policies and guidelines; a code of conduct for staff/volunteers, staff and volunteer procedures; complaints, whistleblowing and equal opportunity policies.
- sharing information about child protection and good practice with children/young people, parents and carers and staff/volunteers
- sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children/young people appropriately
- following carefully the procedures for recruitment and selection of staff/volunteers
- providing effective management for staff/volunteers through support, supervision and training
- involving children, where appropriate, in the development and implementation of safeguarding policies and procedures
- reviewing our policy and good practice regularly.
The following designated person has been nominated by this complementary/supplementary school to refer allegations or suspicions of neglect or abuse to the statutory authorities.
The designated person is Mrs Leila Eslami Mobayen
In the absence of the designated person, the matter should be brought to the attention of the second designated person.
The second designated person is Mr Ghoncheh Dolatshahi
The social services number for the area is 020 8489 4470
Emergency out of Hours Duty Team (5pm – 9am weekdays and weekends): 020 8489 0000
Child Protection Advisors: 020 8489 2126
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO): 020 8489 2968
Policy statement agreed on behalf of the management committee
Signed: ………………………………………………………………. Date: ………………………………….
Future review dates
|Date approved by trustees
This policy statement should be read with the following MTO Persian school policies and procedures:
- Child protection policy including anti-bullying, internet safety
- Equal opportunities policy including recruitment and complaints procedures
- Staff and volunteer policy including induction, training, supervision, appraisal and whistleblowing procedures
- Health & safety policy including risk assessment and off-site procedures
- School code of conduct