Online MTO Persian School Equal Opportunities Policy
Online MTO Persian School recognises the fundamental importance of equality of opportunity both as an employer and in our role within our local community.
We therefore take every care to treat each individual as a person in their own right. We recognise that everyone has a personal responsibility for the positive application of equal opportunities and that equality of opportunity is fundamentally about fairness and respect. It is achieved by ensuring that discriminatory behaviour, in any form, is not tolerated.
We are totally committed to the principle of equal opportunities and to creating a working and learning environment in which everyone is treated with dignity and respect, and which is free from unlawful discrimination, victimisation or harassment on the ground of:
- colour, race, nationality or ethnic origin
- sex, marital status or gender reassignment
- disability of any kind
- sexual orientation
- pregnancy or maternity
Our commitment to all aspects of our organisation includes:
- recruitment and advertisement of jobs/volunteering opportunities
- terms and conditions of employment
- training, personal development and progression
- grievance and disciplinary procedures
- relationships between members of staff and volunteers
- service delivery.
Such values require a commitment from staff, trustees, members and volunteers to accept a code of conduct which:
- encourages respect for every individual
- encourages collective action to challenge prejudice and the structures that perpetuate it
- challenges stereotyped images internally and externally and, in their place, promotes positive images
- declares as unacceptable any language, action or belief which is prejudiced or which encourages prejudice in others
- does not tolerate any from of behaviour which is derogatory, demeaning or insulting to other persons or groups on the ground of race, gender, reassignment, disability, religion, culture, political beliefs, sex, sexual orientation or age
- creates an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our trustees, members and volunteers are recognised and valued.
- Everyone is entitled to an environment that provides dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- All will be recruited, selected and trained on the basis of the objective criteria.
No child or young person attending Online MTO Persian School should receive less favorable treatment on the basis of, nor suffer disadvantage by reason of:
- Class or socio-economic status
- ethnic origin, nationality (or statelessness) or race
- gender marital or civil partnership status
- sexual orientation
- disability (including mental or physical ability)
- political belief
- religion or belief (including the absence of belief).
We take this policy very seriously, and therefore a breach of this policy is considered to be gross misconduct and disciplinary action, including dismissal for serious offences, will be taken against those who do not comply with it.
If you have any queries regarding this policy, please contact the Designated Safeguarding Officer (Leila Mobayen) or her deputy (Miss Ghoncheh Dolatshahi).
Agreed by the Management Committee
Signed: ………………………………………………. Date: ……………………….
Future review dates
8/2017July 2018June 2019June 2020
Date approved by trustees05/08/2017July 2018July 2019